Three levels of dog walking (green, yellow and red) – Training provided at no cost to you.
- Socialize with positive reinforcement
- Work on basic loose leash walking
- Great exercise for you and our shelter dogs
- 8am – 10am – Assist Animal Care staff with cleaning
Feline Friends – Enjoy our free roaming cat rooms in Meow Manor
Cat Care Assistant
- Play time and socialization
- Promote positive experiences and enrichment
Cat Condo Cleaners
- 8 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- Clean condos with Animal Care Staff
- Assist staff with clerical duties
- Filing, copying, mailing and building adoption folders
- Event Ambassadors without dogs – Booth help at community events and HSMC special events
- Event Ambassadors with dogs – Provide care and control of dogs at community / special events and able to take dogs on day trip outings
- Off-site educational events and adoption events
- Coin Bank Captains and brochure distribution
- Providing a home and care for pregnant animals, nursing moms and underage kittens and puppies
- Assist in socializing and rehabilitation of animals not ready for adoption
- Please click here to learn more about becoming a foster.
- School Clinical Hours and shadowing opportunities are available
If you need to complete community service hours (court ordered), please call 941-747-8808 x 304 or visit HSMC Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please note that all community service workers must be at least 18 years old. We do not accept any offenses that involve drugs, theft or battery/assault.