Three levels of dog walking (green, blue, and purple) – Training provided at no cost to you.
- Socialize with positive reinforcement
- Work on basic loose leash walking
- Great exercise for you and our shelter dogs
- 8am – 10am – Assist Animal Care staff with cleaning
Feline Friends – Enjoy our free-roaming cat rooms in Meow Manor
Cat Care Assistant
- Playtime and socialization
- Promote positive experiences and enrichment
Cat Condo Cleaners
- 8 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- Clean condos with Animal Care Staff
- Assist staff with clerical duties
- Filing, copying, mailing, and building adoption folders
Outreach and Events
- Event Ambassadors without dogs – Booth help at community events and HSMC special events
- Event Ambassadors with dogs – Provide care and control of dogs at community / special events and able to take dogs on day trip outings
- Off-site educational events and adoption events
- Coin Bank Captains and brochure distribution
- Providing a home and care for pregnant animals, nursing moms, and underage kittens and puppies
- Assist in socializing and rehabilitation of animals not ready for adoption
- Please click here to learn more about becoming a foster.
Veterinary Clinic Assistant
- School Clinical Hours and shadowing opportunities are available
Court Ordered Community Service
If you need to complete community service hours (court-ordered), please call 941-747-8808 x 315 to schedule an appointment to speak with our Community Service coordinator. Please note that all community service workers must be at least 18 years old. We do not accept any offenses that involve drugs, theft or battery/assault, or felonies.